Durabak DIY bedliner

Anybody ever hear of this stuff-looks to be a polyurethane coating with rubber chunks in it similiar to what the franchises like Rhino spray on but for a fraction of the cost.

Am buying new Tundra and want to protect the bed and not spend $500+.

Reply to
butch burton

You get what you pay for.

Look at it this way, you've just spent $23K+ for a truck. Now you want to "protect" it on the cheap?

Go Line-X. Mine is over four years old, and still looks good.

--------------------------------------------------- "Iraq has developed a chemical weapons capability." - John F. Kerry, October 1990

Reply to
Eric Dreher

I second that opinion

Joe Myers

Reply to
Joseph Myers

Yep, by most accounts, the Rhino is inconsistent thickness and anything cheaper than that just plain sucks.

Reply to
Celica Dude

So buy some Line-X and spend $300... $350 if you go over the rails (I did, but the drop-in had been there for 100k miles and scratched the rails to death).

Reply to
Brian McCoy

not if you herculiner 1st. best combo for protection.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Second-rate coverage compared to Line-X.

But to each his own.

--------------------------------------------------- "Iraq has developed a chemical weapons capability." - John F. Kerry, October 1990

Reply to
Eric Dreher

why?

plastic will deform much better than Line-x, absorbing (displacing) energy better, before the energy hits the metal of the bed.

Line-x is like a iron coat over your bed, dent line-x and you dent your bed.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

The herculiner *looks* second rate, judging by the picture.

Reply to
Celica Dude

Your Herculiner is crap. What kind of energy absorbing qualities can a thin coat of painted-on material have? Answer: none. Plastic liners cannot help but wear away any painted coating underneath them.

My Line-X has taken every bit of punishment I've thrown at it, with virtually no damage. That includes having no dents.

Like I said, to each his own.

--------------------------------------------------- "Iraq has developed a chemical weapons capability." - John F. Kerry, October 1990

Reply to
Eric Dreher

please follow the thread.

i said use herc under a drop-in, not herc alone !!!

Reply to
Kryptoknight

I did, you condescending twit.

I realize that. Herculiner still sucks, and will rub off under a plastic liner.

As I said before, to each his own. If you want to do something on the cheap, you deserve the results.

--------------------------------------------------- "Iraq has developed a chemical weapons capability." - John F. Kerry, October 1990

Reply to
Eric Dreher

hmmmm, how long till it rubs off ???

i'd rather check under the plastic every 5 years then to have a giant dent in my bed because line-x did not disperse the energy. after 5 years if herc needs a touch up i can, if your bed is dented with line-x what do you do, do you just spray a hefter cover-up of line-x over the dent. oh, i forgot, you wont be doing anything with line-x because it is applied with spray equipment so you would have to bring it in, i just take a few minutes in my garage to make a quik herc fix.

my drop-in with herc under drop-in has been abused for last 3 years. i see no herc issues at this point, looks like the day i put it on.

not sure if you tried this combo to make your conclusions, but if so i suspect you installed it all wrong.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Sooner than you think.

It's hasn't happened!

No need. I've had no trouble at all with my Line-X.

Am I getting through yet?

--------------------------------------------------- "Iraq has developed a chemical weapons capability." - John F. Kerry, October 1990

Reply to
Eric Dreher

yep, you have had no issues with line-x, i've had no issues with my combo.

line-x may look better, but the combo will out-perform line-x when it comes down to raw energy displacement.

i also paid about $100 less than you did.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

You have no proof for this opinion. None whatsoever other than speculation.

With looks to match.

--------------------------------------------------- "Tolerance may represent a worthy value, but it is evil and destructive to tolerate the intolerable." - Michael Medved

Reply to
Eric Dreher

a half skid of cinderblock and 10 fell off the top as the lift guy was trying to move around, tumbled over into the bed, approx 3ft above the bed and many hit the liner corner 1st. a few plastic-deformed dents in the liner, but i checked underneath, no damage. these were the heavy 8x8x16 blocks.

can you try this with your line-x and let us know... line-x sure looks better, but i think the combo serves the purpose better.....

Reply to
Kryptoknight

To each his own, kid.

--------------------------------------------------- "Tolerance may represent a worthy value, but it is evil and destructive to tolerate the intolerable." - Michael Medved

Reply to
Eric Dreher

yeah c'mon Eric, go abuse the shit out of your truck to prove that the Line-X is better...

Reply to
Celica Dude

I'd rather use it intelligently, thanks.

--------------------------------------------- "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighier

Reply to
Eric Dreher