EFI fuse blowing (91 4Runner)

This problem started last Saturday. I take this 4Runner on weekend errands and the like, and it's been no problem at all. (I also drive it in the snow, which makes the current situation slightly more urgent than if this happened in June.)

As I returned home from about a 10 mile trip, it just up and died like that (snap) in the driveway. I pulled the fuse and it was blown. Replaced it and it coughed and sputtered and ALMOST caught, then just cranked again. Pulled the replacement fuse and it was blown.

Obviously something related to fuel is pulling current. About 15.1 amps or more. :)

EFI control unit? (Is there one?) Shorted fuel pump? Injector?

Where should I start?

Reply to
Rich

O2 sensor and its wire harness is a typical failure point. Wires fall over on the exhaust, insulation melts and that can cause the EFI fuse to blow.

-- Roger

Reply to
Roger Brown

Thanks for the steer. If it ever stops raining, I'll dive under. I would assume a repair to the harness would suffice; that the O2 sensor probably isn't bad per se. Correct?

Reply to
Rich

Depending on the last time it was changed, it would not hurt to change it if you are under there...

Reply to
Tony