Finding speedo drive gear source

I've got a 1981 Toyota 4X4 that spit 2 plastic teeth off the speedo drive gear . It is a 20 tooth gear ( marked 7 X 20). I can't find any new or used replacement parts. Any sugggestions?

Thanks Von

Reply to
Von Campbell

Go to your dealer with your VIN. They should be able to get a new one.

Reply to
ed_herman

They say they don't carry it anymore .. I might want to check another dealer, our local one is pretty useless...

Reply to
Von Campbell

Yeah, you might. Try getting someone who has been doing it for a while, they tend to know where things are in odd places in the parts books - they use the 'Military File Naming Conventions'... ;-P

If that doesn't work, check with the bigger transmission rebuilders in the area - they might have a source for repros.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Marlin Crawler (marlincrawler.com) should have them.

Reply to
fourwd1