fuel injectors cleaned, now constant high idle (22RE)

I just got my fuel injectors cleaned at speedee tune up and oil change and I don't know what they did, but now the idle is always high. I don't have a tach, but it sounds like I am revving it moderately

The technician said the idle would be weird for a while since I had never had the injectors cleaned. Does this sound normal?

I have over 200K on the engine.

Reply to
Dug Patrick

Dd you reset the ECU by pulling the EFI fuse for a few minutes?

Reply to
Roger Brown

Set the base idle back down, and no, dont mess with the stop screw either or you'll need to adjust the TPS.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

I took it back and showed him the high idle, so he adjusts some screw on the EFI part near where the air intake hose goes into it... then the idle sounds nice and slow.

SO I leave and at the first stop light ***ITS BACK TO HIGH IDLE AGAIN***... I think I'll just take it to a real mechanic.

Reply to
Dug Patrick

returned for one more try to see if they could fix the high idle.

the tech took off the large rubber hose to look at the thing that controls air intake (gold circle thing) and showed me that the throttle body was getting stuck right before it was completely closed.

the tech cleaned it out with carb cleaner and wd-40 and showed me how the it wasn't completely seating to close the intake off?

works fine now.

Anybody know what would be labor costs for replacing a timing chain on a 22re?

Reply to
Dug Patrick

A couple of years ago it cost me $600. Just ask your mechanic (a real mechanic, not the jiffy tune & lube place).

Zelda

Reply to
Zelda