Help! 02' Sequoia Windshield cracking

On a cold day, I had the defrost and heard a pop. It was the windshield cracking from both upper sides. Had anyone have the same experience? Will Toyota's warranty cover this?

Thanks for any opinion.

Reply to
andy

Well, the wifes Tercel did that too. But as it turned out, it was an impact. Check all along the crack, feel for a point of impact. If there is none, they'll replace it.

Why was this posted to "rec.autos.makers.toyota" twice?

Reply to
MDT Tech?

As long as you have receipts from a Toyota dealer proving that you regularly changed your washer fluid and wiper blades you should be OK. . . . Yes, this is a joke.

If your vehicle is within the warranty period and there is no other damage to the windshield, you should be Ok. Is it possible that you had a stone chip that acted as the starting point for the crack? If this is the case, the dealer may refuse warranty coverage since the failure was caused by damage to the windshield. Do you have glass coverage as part of your comprehensive insurance policy? I have a zero deductible for glass coverage to handle damaged windshields.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White