How do I raise the seats on a 2006 Tacoma?

I am considering buying a 2006 Tacoma.

It would be the ideal vehicle if the seats were not a bit too low.

Is there a save way of raising the seats without voiding the factory warranty?

Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
g_chime

Do they offer power seats with height adjustment?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

IMO the roof line is too low to raise the seats - probably why they are so low to begin with. At just 5'11" I feel like I need to duck lower to see some traffic signals.

Reply to
M.Paul

It probably has more to do with distribution than height.

I'm 6'1", and see lights fine.

I know from my bicycling that people can vary in proportion, even at the same height. Men and women of the same height can vary even more.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I raised the seat in one of my hotrods using steel plates that I welded to the floor boards and another steel plate under the floor pans. It was actually mush stronger than the original design. I have even seen one car with wood used to raise the seats, this however is very dangerous in an accident.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Reply to