IFS wear in axles

I have a 95 4runner with the 22re engine and IFS. I'm getting a rattling noise going up and down my dirt road. I checked out everything and found the axle into the driver side of the front differential has quite a bit of play in it. I'm gearing up to put new axles on both sides. My question is: Is there a bearing and oil seal on the differential, or does the flange mount that enters the differential (short side) just stay centered by an oil seal and the splines inside? Thanks in advance for any help! Arthur

Reply to
RoseOptics