Toyota Truck 85 Blower fan question

Just replaced my resistor on my blower. I was losing speeds before the thing conked out. Now I need to know how do I know if the fan is broken or if the switch or relay is at fault? When I use the switch there is an electrical click. Does this indicate that power is going through, but the fan is shot? Thanks.

Reply to
Jackhammer John

The click you hear is the relay. It is turned on by the switch to supply power to the fan via the resistor pack. Assuming you are getting power to the fan motor (pull the connector at the fan motor and verify it is getting power) then its likely the brushes are worn out in the motor itself. They were in my '85 and it was easy and inexpensive to replace them:

you are not getting power to the motor, check the fuse, relay andswitch to make sure they are all working.

Reply to
Roger Brown