Interior Heater and A/C Fan

Can anyone tell me the correct name for the fan mounted in a squirrel- cage assembly horizontally underneath the dash on the passenger side of a 99 Tacoma? When I adjust the speed of my A/C fan, the fan makes a lot of noise. I've removed it, which was quite easy, and blew a bunch of leaves and such out of it with an air compressor. If run it while I have it detached, it is quiet as long as I keep it perfectly level. If I tilt it the slightest bit, something starts rubbing and the noise is not tolerable. I'd like to replace it with a used one, but none of the used parts stores I see online list anything like this.

Reply to
Roadhunter

I want to say propeller, can't seem to remember either.

Reply to
Rastamon

"Rastamon" wrote in news:%yf6k.21260 $3j2.4495@trnddc03:

a lot of noise. I've removed it, which was quite easy, and blew a bunch of leaves and such out of it with an air compressor. If run it while I have it detached, it is quiet as long as I keep it perfectly level. If I tilt it the slightest bit, something starts rubbing and the noise is not tolerable. I'd like to replace it with a used one, but none of the used parts stores I see online list anything like this.

I believe you are refering to the Heater\AC Blower. Call\ go to your local junkyards or try

for a used one.dc

Reply to
doncee

The bearings are probably worn. Get a new blower motor, $48.89 + shipping from

The squirrel cage blower "wheel" looks like a dealer item, but prying it off carefully you won't need a new one.

Reply to
johngdole