loose windows...

on my '96 4runner when someone slams a door and the window on that door is partially open, it rattles really bad as it seems loose in it's track and i'm afraid that eventually something will break.

is there anyway to tighten the window so that it won't bang around like that. i can't imagine that it was like this the day it rolled out of the factory...

TB

Reply to
T.B.

You'd be surprised. Window runners should still be good condition if only a 96! Does it do it when the windows are slightly open or shut?

Reply to
Scotty

when they are slightly open. when they are shut, it's fine.

TB

Reply to
T.B.

Sorry to advise but thats pretty much almost every car that Ive ever owned. Its so that the window tracks ( I think) can contract a small amount and not clasp the glass. Also I reckon its a cost factor, expensive well made cars dont do it but cheaper more rugged cars do. While the windows around 4inches down how far can you push the glass away from you? Mine travells around an inch or so.

Reply to
Scotty

my 96 4 runner does the same thing, the passenger side window is worst, so I gotta figure there is some way to improve the rattleing, but have been too lazy to figure it out so far, plus, with all the plastic clips in doors, by the time I get the window fixed I'll probably have broken a clip or two and the door handle will now be the part that rattles.

Reply to
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk

yeah, it's one of those things that if it's an easy fix i'd do it, but it doesn't really sound like it is. i'm sure there would be a way to rig it up so that it wouldn't rattle as much, but like you said, you may end up breaking something else on the way.

i thought maybe there would just be some bolts to tighten or something similar. guess not...

TB

Reply to
T.B.

I have an 1987 4x4 Truck 160k.I have an ongoing intermittent problem with my charge and brake warning lights. They will come on together and flicker at low RPM's when first started or idling rough.I have had both systems checked and nothing appears wrong.The truck does sit for long periods without running. Ya' all think this is some wiring Gremlin...anyone else have this problem? Goaty

Reply to
Vencil Selvage

Check your charging system. Mosy likely cause is the alternator brushes are worn out. When the alternator output is low both the brake and charge lights will come on together.

Reply to
Mike