New Tacoma in family

My son traded in his trusty 98 Prerunner that i gave him 6 yrs ago when I bought my 2000 prerunner. The 8 yr old Tacoma was without a problem for

150,000 miles. I hope this new Prerunner will do the same. This one is the 4.0 V-6 . Anybody have anything to say about them, good or bad? Scott
Reply to
zonie

Everything I have to say is good.

Reply to
Scotty

One month with a 2006 prerunner and so far so good. The off road package makes the ride very rough on the hwy, so I wouldn't recommend getting that package for a commute vehicle. One possible regret is that I got the 4.0 with with a manual transmission. I'm thinking that I should have got the auto trans. At first I thought that I would eventually get used to it, but the more that I drive it, the more that I think the V6/manual is not a good combination. Anybody else with a V6 and manual trans? If yes, do you start in 2nd? 1st seems awefully low. Also, Toyota still does not offer a tailgate lock for the 05/06 models and considering how easily it comes off I hope they offer one soon. my $.02 M.Paul

Reply to
M.Paul

Reply to
Grip