question on raceing gas

what harm will it do it u add a little to ur stock engine to get more power and mpg some one told me i could mix alittle aft with it and add them both to a full tank of gas and it woundnt do any harm is this true? want your input here please ist racing gas 100 octain?? i want to try it in 2 cars one is stock 82 thunder bird v8 and the other is stock 02 toyota tcoma 2.7 4cycl wt does atf really do to ur gas i have heard from lots of people they put about 1/2 qt to a tank of gas to cleanout carbon does it work?? hope to get tome input from u all thank you

BAIN15

Reply to
dan baker

You are not going to gain anything with 100 octane over 89 or 93 octane. You will gain some by simple not using 87 octane. Especailly in hot weather but money would be wasted on racing fuel unless you build up a engine with 12 to 1 compression.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

Learn to type. There's no such word as "u" in English.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:35:16 +0000, JoeSpareBedroom hammered this on his/her/it's keyboard:

I find the lack of punctuation annoying.

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr

Back in the "old" days (pre-catalytic converters), we would would pour a small amount of ATF down the carburetor until it stalled the engine. After several hours (overnight), we would then clean the plugs and start it up. This was supposed to soften the carbon so it would blow out the tailpipe. If nothing else, it produced lots of smoke and kept the mosquitoes away... :>))

I figure it did more harm than good. However, the cars seemed to run better after this treatment, although it may have been wishful thinking.

Having said all that, I would never, NEVER, recommend ATF in a modern automobile. I'm sure the first victim would be the catalytic converter. What all else, who knows? The list would probably include the fuel pumps, injectors, etc.

Reply to
TOM

There is if you are a amatuer radio operator.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

This is not amateur radio. There might be kids reading this. It's not acceptable to give them the idea that stupid writing is allowed, lest we raise yet another generation of idiots.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

.._ (.... ..)

Reply to
TOM

As far as I know, humor is still allowed on this list, and I think that was what SnoMan was attempting.

If anyone doesn't "get" it, maybe they should go to alt.crumudgeon.r.us

Reply to
TOM

Curmudgeon? Next, you'll be saying "elite", the way a certain numbskull politician refers to people who can finish a sentence without poking themselves in the eye.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It would cost more than any possible gain. I would not waste the time or money with racing fuel on a stock motor.

There are lots of strategies to remove carbon build up ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Be careful most racegas does contain lead. It will screw up your CAT if you use too much.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

The only idiot here is the one making a fuss about using the short form of you as "u". THis is not a grammer class and it is not a big deal.

----------------- The SnoMan

SnoMan

The "u" was but one example of your mess.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No you answer was the mess here.

SnoMan

"you answer" ? :-) Thanks for the help.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If it contains lead, it will screw up the CAT if any is used.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland