Radio Security Code

I recently purchased a 1999 Toyota Tacoma and today installed a new CD player in it. The CD player works great, but now the truck won't start. No owner's manual (didn't come with one), bought a Chilton's, but it refers me to owner's manual for a "code". How can I start my truck????

Reply to
Merilee

Charge the battery, put it in park, push in the clutch, turn the key, look for an alarm that was installed prior to your purchase.

There is NOTHING about the radio that has anything to do with the ignition/starting system.

You should've bought the stereo at

I'm Right

Mr "I'm Right", P-L-E-A-S-E....put it in park and push in the clutch? What are you talking about? The truck is installed with an anti-theft or security device which disables the starter. I need a code to disable the device or re-set it or whatever. I need to be able to start the truck. I don't need to recharge the battery, as I mentioned, the CD works great. Your sarcasm is not helpful to my situation.

Reply to
Merilee

Don't mind Mr. bought4more.com, he's just their troll.

I've only heard of the Anti-Theft radio system in Hondas. I don't know if they use the same thing in Toyota's. A call to the dealer would clear this up. There is a series of steps in order to program the Keyless remote, I have a feeling there are similar steps involved in order to resolve your problem.

Good Luck!

Reply to
Joseph Wind

I asked a friend who's a Toyota Tech. There was a TSB a while back on the Immobilizers that were installed on some Toyota vehicles. He did mention, an obvious and overlooked error. A loose battery cable! The installer may have removed the cable during installation and did not tighten it when done. There may be enough current to get the CD Player to work, but not enough to start the car.

JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind