Re: Tacoma: rotating front hubcap

I've got a wierd one, my left front hubcap rotates slowly as I drive.

>By slowly I mean it moves about 1/4 turn every 1000 miles. >If I pull it off and re-align it to the valve stem, within a week or >so it will have moved enough to go past the valve stem, so >I'll have to pull it to check the tire pressure. > >The rim is the stock 1995 rim, and doesnt have any (obvious) cracks >or dents and it seems to be balanced OK, I just had new tires put on >about 2000mi ago and they balanced the rims then, with only the >small weights being needed. I also checked the lugnuts, they are all >tight, so is this a bad rim, or somehow normal? the other rim doesnt >do it, and switching hubcaps didnt change anything. >

Consumer Reports noticed the same thing when they tested a 1995 V6 ExtraCab. CR did not say the problem was isolated to one wheel.

Ken - Dayton

Reply to
RunnerBiker

All Toyota steel rims have a little letal tab welded on, the hubcap has a notch to fit agaisnt this tab. This makes it impossible, You have aftermarket caps?

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Stock as far as I know... but I'll look for that tab, maybe it got knocked off when they put new tires on.

Reply to
Free Spirit