rear shock access on 4-Runner

My son has a 2001 4-Runner. We've finally got the shocks changed on the front but are baffled as to how to get to the top of the rear shocks for removing them. Where is the access?

Reply to
Ian

I watched the toyota mechanic change them on my wife's '98. He did it from behind the axle, in front of the spare. Don't know if yours is the same or not. He had to hold one with a big visegrips and the shaft broke where it was rusted smaller. Good luck.

Reply to
ed_herman