Tacoma 2006: weird noise at ignition.

I am wondering if anyone has heard of the following problem and/or may know what is going on? When I start the engine (only when cold and only once per day as far as I can tell), there will be a strange shimmy/whine that seems to come from the drivetrain. I originally thought it was the emergency brake creaking some as I would release it fast enough to get them mixed up. But being more patient has showed me that it happens when the engine is cold and without touching the emergency brake. It is a strange creaking sound that seems to come from below the seat, like something going into gear. Kind of like of grinding shift, but again, it happens before touching the gear shift (manual). Anyone heard of this at all, or from this model year in particular? How serious do you think this problem is? I am reluctant to take it to the dealer because it will not happen except on the first ignition of the day, but I will if it is serious enough. Not a horrendous grinding, but I do not like the sound anyway. Any ideas? Or is there another group I could better contact about this? TIA very much, Allen

Reply to
bloehard

Power Steering? Wrong / thick oil?

Axel

Reply to
Axel Hammer

Reply to
bloehard

This would be a good time to get it to the dealer, so anything THEY caused is properly documented while the truck's under warranty. Do NOT lose any paperwork you get after the visit.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I agree with getting it to the dealer, it will of course have to stay overnight. I would definately remind them that it is on the FIRST start of the day and none of the others, you don't want some car jockey bringing the car in and then have them try to replicate the sound. This is a new TOY, you shouldn't be hearing anything wrong with it, hell, mine is 17 years old and still sounds great.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Hi Allen,

I think I have noticed a similar thing in my new 06 Taco. I have an automatic and I have noticed it just after putting it in gear and moving. I will be into the dealer on Monday for something else and I will inquire about it.

Darryl

Reply to
DP

DP =D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=B2:

I thinks I noticed same noise with my 06 tacoma 4x4 2.7 engine. Does any one check it out?

Reply to
Myroslav