Tacoma D-cab toolbox install

Problem: I needed a toolbox to carry tools. I didn't want to put a cross-over toolbox on my truck because then I wouldn't be able to reach/use the front tie-downs. I also have the over-the-rail bedliner making for a difficult install.

The solution I came up with was a toolbox at Delta

and a model 808000 tool chest that fits inbetween the wheel wells. I had to order it and it's cost was areasonable $215. with shipping. I took a square to the bottom of the toolbox, lined up 3 ribs by eye and marked the 3 lines, drilled 6 small holes in the bottom of the chest and into the ribs of the liner, gave each hole a squirt of silicone, and fastened it down with 6 short/fat stainless screws that won't reach the metal bed.

Plus, it looks like a tonneau cover will fit it over it with no problem, if you have that also. Installed quick and easy. Problem solved.

Reply to
studio