Tacoma Subwoofer Recommendations

I've got an '06 Tacoma double-cab and would like to add a subwoofer. The only place I can think of to store it is in the back seat's hidden storage area. Any recommendations on a punchy subwoofer and/or power amp?

Reply to
fleemo17

depends on which lowering kit you've got installed.

Reply to
buggle

go listen to some no one elses opinion matters on the sound that you want

Reply to
I'm Right

I appreciate the responses. Thanks.

Reply to
fleemo17

Absolutely. There are companies that make pre-fab cabinets that go under the seat, but you still have to listen.

Bring listening material that you are intimately familiar with, so if there are buzzes or gaps in the response, you'll notice it. I've seen injection molded fiberglass boxes that fit in odd shapes easily, but have nasty resonances at certain frequencies. Wood does it too, unless it's internally braced to prevent it.

You want it to be clean first, loud second. And if you want lots of clean loud, it ain't gonna be cheap - you need to stay with the name brand companies that stand behind their equipment.

(Idiots at a stoplight with the windows rolled down playing "thump" music full up - and not only does their system sound like abject shit even from 20 feet away [meaning it's far worse inside], every panel on the car is flexing from the abuse and the trunk lid is about to fall off from metal fatigue...)

Forget about claims of 1000 watt amps for under $1000 - the cheap imported amps that have those grandiose inflated power claims attached are usually testing them at 10% THD for a momentary pulse, and I can hear 0.1 like a bell. Even a tone deaf person will be screaming and running by the time it hits 1% THD.

And you want to see any power output rating claims in real-world RMS continuous, which won't be 1000 watts unless it's fan cooled. And backed up by a well designed power system that can feed the beast what it needs at those levels - 200-amp alternator, Optima battery (low internal resistance), huge cables, and several farads of electrolytic capacitors right at the amp input.

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman