Tacoma TRD Exhaust

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone has the "TRD Exhaust" installed in their Tacoma. I saw a TRD muffler kit at a toyota accessories website and I was thinking of buying it, but theres no info about it. I'd like to know if anyone has figures for hp increase or even what it sounds like. I'd prefer something throaty, and not raspy. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
Ken

I have the TRD Exhaust on my '02 V6. I noticed a small HP increase, especially in 2nd and 3rd gears. It has a nice, throaty sound during acceleration, and a calm deep rumble at idle. It sounds great going through tunnels!

--Bryce

Reply to
Bryce

ugghh, ...

dont waste your money. get a spintech or magnaflow. if you dont want noise, place a pre-muffler silencer before main muffler (like a Dynomax Thrush #WLK-24205 perforated glasspack).

and a header too.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

What about Flowmaster... say a 40 or 50 series?

Reply to
Ducky

they use "reflective" technology to control sound, which means the hot gas flow is slamming into chamber doors and directors.

if you were seriously looking at Flowmaster, get yourself a Spintech !!

my 02' taco has wide open 2.25" exhaust. glasspack into a magnaflow. nice setup without all the droning (headache) noise, plus i get least backpressure so the engine can breathe easier.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

oh yeah, forgot to mention, Spintech sells hi-flo cat's for less $$$ than anyone i've seen.

Reply to
Kryptoknight