Timing belt replacement

Hello all,

I have a 96 4 runner v6 with 115,000 miles was thinking it was time to replace the timing belt. trouble is, it is running perfectly right now, I am worried that replacing the belt will cause some other type of trouble the whole "It aint broke, don't fix it" ideal anyone have any horror stories from getting the belt replaced, this is not a job I want to tackle myself, the Toyota dealer would be doing it, can they screw it up? Thanks for your input

I am in Holland Michigan if anyone wants to recommend a Mechanic

Dave

Reply to
Jimmy Smits Loves Chocolate Milk

The 3.4 is a non-interference design, so if you just want to wait for the belt to break, it will just die and you and no bent valves.

Reply to
dave89144

Yes, but what damage can be caused by that belt flying around in there? Not to mention if were eccelerating to get out of the way of something. Its maint. just do it!

Reply to
MBOSCHERT