Tundra service indicator

Hi I'm an ASE certified Honda mechanic and I'm a licensed California smog technican.

I'm trying to found out the method for turning off the maintenance indicator in my 2005 Toyota Tundra. I tried the Honda method and it didn't work. I looked in my owner's manual but I don't think it's listed.

Thanks in advance. For anyone who has the answer and is motivated, if you could send the answer to snipped-for-privacy@gtfo.com I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, John

Reply to
Larry Lurker

For those who have the same problem, here's the answer.

I asked the same question of my Toyota dealer's service people and this is what they told me. It worked fine on my Tundra, Sienna and my daughters Echo.

Put the odometer on ODM and turn off the engine. Press down on the rod that changes it from Trip A, Trip B, ODM and start the engine. After maybe 10 seconds there will be count down bars where the miles would be. After the last bar dissapears the service light should go out and not come back on until the next 5000 mile increment.

Skip

Reply to
Skipfromla