Update on Tacoma 2003 that fails to start intermittently

Gentlemen, I just received my vehicle back from the dealer. After inspection of the vehicle by a Toyota FTS, I was informed the he managed to duplicate the problem (wow!) and that he has seen the problem before (2nd wow!) . The problem was determined to be the fuel pump and fuel pump regulator. Both were replaced by the dealer. Based on the RO the part numbers for those are: 23220-0C010 and 23280-62030 respectively (for a V6 Prerunner). First, I must say that I am thrilled to finally have someone from Toyota say they have seen the problem before, and more importantly - fix it! At this point, I hope that this was indeed the faulty part, and I never have to go back and complain about it again! To all other who have this problem, I would recommend you talk to your dealer and try and suggest they look at those parts, and if the dealer's hands are tied (as they were in my case) see if they can get an FTS to come down and have a look at it. Apparently, the FTS has much more authority to allow a warranty repair than the dealers. Good luck and keep us posted about your experience, I will post a follow on to let everyone know if the problem truly went away!!!

Reply to
No Name

abba1972