Freelander TD4 fails to start

Hi

I wonder if anybody might be able to help with some ideas.

Occasionally (approx. every 9 months) my TD4 Freelander fails to start. It sounds as though the electric fuel pump is not working (i.e. I cannot hear it running, which I usually can). So far it has always started again after about half an hour. My local dealer cannot really explain it but did change a 'very dirty' fuel filter last time, but it has happened again since. Mileage is 44k and fuel should be fine.

On the first occasion this happened the recovery chap had had another Freelander doing the same earlier the same day. It was a very hot day but this has happened on normally warm days since. It seems to happen after short(ish) distances.

TIA

Wilson

Reply to
Wilson