Will a 1991 22RE work in a 1987 4Runner that had a 22RE

Will I have any emission problems or wiring hook up problems trying to put a 1991 22RE engine with an auto tranny into a 1987 4Runner with an auto tranny. ECU compatible?? Dont want to start the project if I am into big headaches.

Reply to
87Runner

my best guess is that it should work... im not 100% but i dont think toyota would have made too much of a modification to the newer 91

22re... my guess is theyre the same... anyone else?
Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh