11 to 23 ?

Hi

Anyone know of any diags or plans to show where to cut the extra windows to turn an 11 window bus to a 23 window samba !

Just another of my crazy ideas !

Thought I could make the top windows out of acrylic.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

I'd look for a wrecked 21 windo and graft the roof. I would not even attempt to cut new holes in the roof. Andy

63 Camper
Reply to
Busman

I've got an easier way. Take some good straight-on photos of the windows and have them printed on vinyl by a sign shop, then apply the images of the widows... That should do the trick!

Reply to
Busahaulic

Better yet, apply the images of the windows.

Reply to
Busahaulic

I wouldnt want to do that !

a: I am in the uk -- If there was a wrecked samba it would still be worth resoring and so worth more that the roof !

b: I cant forsee any dificulty in cutting a few holes in the roof - Might even put a ragtop in too !

I will prob get around to trying it in the new year, although I have 4 bugs and 3 busses that need attention so this might be wishfull thinking :-)

Gives me time to try and find more info anyway.

Rich

Busman wrote:

Reply to
tricky

No other reason than that by cutting all those holes you weaken the Bus structurally destroying its value. Ever seen the underside of a 21 or 23 window? The windows and ragtop are all braced, they are not just holes in the sheet metal. Why not hunt around for the real thing instead of destroying yet another Bus.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche