165/80/15 name brand tires for 74 beetle

Spring fever has got hold of me! I've begun to scrape the cobwebs of the old 74 bug. Its in great shape but needs new tires. To my surprise they are hard to find! My local tire dealer can only get a "kwb?","kbw?" tire brand. Something ive never heard of. Does anyone still make a 165/80/15 for my Luve bug? Thanks!

Reply to
Evan Evans

john

Mine are mounted but not installed...waiting for spring to arrive. But they sure *look* nice. GaryT

Reply to
GaryT

sportmaster

.............My only experience with Cooper tires is with the set that's on my wife's Honda Accord. They are remarkably good tires and are a terrific value being priced lower than some of the imports like Michelin and Yokohama.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Reply to
Ben Boyle

We have a set of Euro Futuras on our 74 Bug and they work great.

We didn't get them at PepBoys but I just found a l>Find any cooper tire dealer.They should be able to get a cooper sportmaster

Reply to
ismlv

Reply to
Xrayjuan

Joe Willia

Those are the exact ones that are on my '69. They're really good tires, sidewalls (blackwall) clean up nice, good wet weather tread pattern. Can't speak for the wear yet, but I've put 7k miles on my car since I bought it. The tires were pretty much new then, and there has been no appreciable wear on them.

Malcolm '69 Bug (Gus) '71 SB (Herbie)

Malcolm

I purchased Sears guardsman 40,000 mile radials a couple of years ago for about $30. bucks per tire.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

by the way, they are made by cooper for sears

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik