1957 Oval

Hi all

It has been a really long time since I posted anything but I haven't had a VW in a really long time. So my question is this recently I found a old I pretty sure it is a 57' it is in very bad shape flat tires, faded paint, no engine or deck lid, not running no door handles no interior. Basically this thing has been sitting on a farm in the backyard for a very long time and just sitting. There is some surface rust but from what I could tell not real bad just stuff you can fix. So I wanted to know what you guys think about a price?? It does have the original oval window still intact. So any suggestions would be great. Thanks ahead of time

Reply to
Mike Stafford

I saw a Oval in AR that was tusted out in simular but worse condition than that one and they wanted 1,000. Not sure if they ever sold it. It was on Samba. I would try to low ball them as they may not know the vaule.

Steven

Reply to
Noice87

I forgot to mention before the bug also has no fenders. Thanks Steven

Reply to
Mike Stafford

Give the farmer $10. Get there with a cutting torch and remove the whole rear-window area.

Oh, you have a funny name.

Reply to
js

I have a funny name?? Why do you say that does someone in here have a similar name to mine?

js wrote:

Reply to
Mike Stafford

............Yes, there's an old-fart-ex-biker-hippee-dippee-yippee-relic from the sixties named John Stafford who's been here for what seems like an eternity but he has so many screen names lately that you never know whether its him that thinks that your name is funny or whether it's one of his tormentors/therapists who wants to get him stirred up to see if he still has an 'attitude'.

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I almost paid $500 for such a "project" then found the "numbers" didn't match. check the title vs the pan #'s

Reply to
A Veteran for Peace

Yeah, John Stafford.

Reply to
js

You forgot Vietnam Veteran. It balances things out.

Reply to
js

Gets really cranky when Molly hides his drink... Well, at least thats my theory and I'll stick to it!!

:o)

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Best I could tell, No drink............dry man. on the wagon....................

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

If A Quiz is Quizzical, What is a test?

The Peacemaking Meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.

Reply to
MUADIB

No my name is really Mike i'm 30 years old I live in Windsor,CO which is about a hour north of Denver. I am a student at Aims Community College in Greeley I am in the Auto Service Technology program and I saw that bug while on my way to school and thought it would be a cool restoration project for school.

MUADIB wrote:

Reply to
Mike Stafford

Might be a good candidate for the Rat Look. Thesamba.com defines the Rat Look in the following manner:

Distinct VW "Look" characterized by visible rust and an extreme lowering job. Usually performed on a rusty or otherwise unrestorable VW.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Obviously. :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Yep. Did you get the title? Sent it a week ago.

Reply to
2

An Oval would be a cool thing to have. I'm still looking for one.

Reply to
2

Round here they dont have much in the way of paint either, and rub in linseed oil to keep the rust at bay.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

There is a 55 Baja Oval on ebay that will probably go cheap.

Reply to
Noice87