1970 vw beetle Oil change...

been messing with these vw's for nearly 20 years...last one *I* set by ear sounded great, ran great, and was way off....they run great and pretty damn peppy at 50+degrees total advance...but not for long....setting by "ear" is an emergency move to get you home to your strobe light...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

ok ur twisting wut i say, i've not even messed with the timeing, noone set it b4 i got it started... SO FUCK OFF JOEY

Reply to
Scotty

you really are a dumbass aren't you? read your reply...... you said it....now you want to back pedal? you said "my uncle can set timing by ear"....then ">> > he's set 50 or more like that, he's FIXED wut orther mechanic have

now you f*ck off if you can't accurately communicate in a written forum....i'd guess at this point, your reading comprehension is as honed as your vw knowledge.... eat shit, "iight"

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I agree with Joey here.. by ear is a "limp home mode" :)

Reply to
Jan

then Jan, you may need to "f*ck off" too.....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I agree also.... you can set it by ear.... it might appear to run good.... but when you get a strobe on it.... the timing is all screwed up...

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw dragenwagen

Reply to
dragenwagen

Scotty,

I'm glad your uncle is an "expert" because you're burning bridges here. I hope you treat him better than you treat others that are trying to help out.

Good Luck! and Grow Up!

John

Reply to
Jakalope

'Tuning by ear' also serves as a handy IQ test.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
BobHoover