66 beetle window rubber

I neeed new window rubber for my 66. I'm wondering what the difference is between the WW and aircooled.net door restoration kits. Is the aircooled.net kit twice as good? I've been happy with all the products I've bought from both places. If I can get away with spending half the price though, I wouldn't complain. I'm trying to finish up my work on this car keep the cost from getting completely insane. I'm feel confidant that the aircooled.net product is of good quality. I'm just unsure if the wolfsburg west stuff is acceptable in this case. Thanks, Shane

Reply to
shane cummings

just the price

no just cost like it is

Well if you need links to shop around let me know, owning a restoration shop i make it a point to find who has the best quality and the better prices.

Mario

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Reply to
Braukuche

On 11 Oct 2004 23:18:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kafertoys) scribbled this interesting note:

One difference is John C. stands behind what he sells. His service is better than any I've found, except for a local VW parts house that closed a couple of years ago because the owner died, and the only real difference there was the distance from my front door. Fortunately for me the fellow who worked at my local shop, whom I liked best, took with him the old, yellowed, brittle parts book that he pulls out every time I walk through the door, even where he works now!:~)

aircooled.net is a very good resource. John takes care of his customers, including, so I'm told, when someone obviously orders an incorrect part, correcting the order to what should have been ordered for that application.

You can pay less, you can pay more. The trick is figuring out which pennies need to be pinched and which you need to let go of to get a job done correctly and on time.

I don't sing high praises very often. I've met John and I was personally impressed. I've bought from him and will do so again. And he is very free with technical advice and expertise. All this too needs to be taken into account when deciding with whom to do business.

John Willis

well said John.....i agree...John C has not always been on the same side of a discussion as i have been, but you can't find a better, more dedicated person who juggles being an aircooled nut and businessman with the right combination of each...

------------------- Chris Perdue "I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the air-cooled legend forward" Jim Mais Feb. 2004

Reply to
Chris Perdue

I guess I'll check on the country of origin for the WW parts. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from aircooled (fenders, parcel tray, I think maybe heater channels as well) and all of it has been great. But I have not gotten anything bad as yet from WW (floor pans, fender beading, lots of misc parts. I was worried that maybe the aircooled.net kit was more complete. I guess that I'm confidant the stuff from aircooled net will be good, but being a bit of a cheapskate I'd like for someone who has used the WW kit to tell me if it's junk or not. On another subject does anyone know of a good source for the flange that bolts to the side of the transaxle that the boot slips on? One of mine is bent and leaks trasaxle fluid. I tried hammering it back into shape but it seems my attempts were unsuccessful. Thakns again, Shane

Reply to
shane cummings

I've bought WW stuff for years and it is good quality stuff and they ship fast and they provide tech support. Not sure if Aircooled's kit is more complete or if the source of rubber differs from WW. Aircooled does not produce their own rubber, which means they are probably buying some from WW, some from WCM and some from whoever else is producing some of the pieces WW or WCM does not produce.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

try:

darthwader

I heard that place is having trouble so they're resorting to spamming usenet and stuff like that to try to drum up business. They must not be a good place to work with.

Reply to
Shaggie