6v battery source

Hi,

Trying to help a friend locate a 6v battery for her 63 t1. The only sources that I've seen mentioned here are sears and napa. Haven't checked those, but has anyone replaced a 6v battery? where did you get it and how does it hold up?

Thanks, Anton

Reply to
anton

I have heard that some people use 8v Golf buggy batteries in place of the 6v vw ones ?

Reply to
tricky

I do not know how well these work, but some people love optima batteries.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

damn, that's a bit pricy there. I was thinking it would be about 1/2 the 12 volt since it's 6v :-)

Thanks, Ant>

anton

Yeah that Optima is pricey, but remember.............. Supply and Demand changes the Price. :-)

It is just that those 6 volts batteries are not common anymore. How many vehicles still use them?

I think a lot of people are converting their vehicles over to 12 volts to use the more common batteries and accessories like radios with CDs. ;-)

Well keep looking and you will hopefully find one close to you. BTW what did Sears and Napa want $$$wise?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I replaced mine last year, 3 out of the 5 battery shops in my area had the correct 6v type 404 on the shelf.

Phone around! I am sure you must have an American version of "Yellow Pages" you can look in.

-- Howard Rose

1966 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe 1975 Volkswagen 1303S 1962 Austin Mini Seven
Reply to
Howard Rose

I've gotten 6v batteries at Advance Auto Parts and AutoZone. Most places that sell parts for tractors and farm equipment have 6v batteries as well.

R.Couch Iowa City, IA '66 Beetle '83 Rabbit GTI

ant> Hi,

Reply to
R.Couch