'71 Ghia Tires (5.60-15) -> 165R15 Unavailable ?

I haven't bought tires in quite a while, so am surprised that I can't find any around locally in the tire stores . The 5.60 - 15 is my original spare, and I'm not even sure the 165R15 86T's are the best size for the car, though they've been on it since '01.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks,

Reply to
Steve Mc

Kafertoys

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to have a least a few more choices, but maybe nobody's needed tires lately. :(

Thanks again,

Reply to
Steve Mc

165SR15's are still widely available and not in short supply... It's just an odd size that aren't used on modern cars, so they are not always on the racks at your local dealers... When I bought tires for my ghia a year ago, the guy i went to had four choices in that size.... he's a small tire store and gets his tires from a distributor... he went to pick them up when i came in... like i said, even he could get four different manufacturers tires in 165/15... the chainstores will tell you they cant get it if it's not on the shelf...
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Hi! Here are some links for tires:

I plan to get some of these larger wheels for my 1973 Beetle

and use these tires or some Pirelli tires:

I haven't bought tires in quite a while, so am surprised that I can't fin= d

Reply to
Jim347a

KWW

Inches to millimeters,not much to it really.Regarding the profile you will have to take what you get more or less these days. The standard for a 165, 175 or a

185 wide tire are in the mid 80's.(% of the width).

That would be 165/8xR-15. The standard size tires are not often/rarely referred to with profile.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

what the US folks like to call European radials, the aspect ratio works out to 82... so a 165R15 would be 165/82/15. Obviously that is an oddball....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You can buy 165's all the way down to a 45 profile, look up the previous thread on tires, I posted a few links.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I'm aware, but the subject was about stock sized tires... Little consequence to me, I run a wider tire on my car(and think the readily available

125R15,135R15, 145R15's should be used as spares only)... currently I'm at 195/50/15 on the front and 195/65/15 on the rear...
Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thanks to all for all your feedback.

Reply to