'71 Super Beetle Problem

'71 Super Beetle is stuck in 4th Gear. What should I check first and what should I look for in trying to solve the problem.

Erik Larsen

Reply to
Erik Larsen

your transmission is stuck u need a tranny rebuild or a new transmission.

Reply to
Funkie

When you say stuck?....do you mean you cannot physically pull it out?, or the gear lever is not working correctly?..etc etc When you move the gear lever what happens, or does it not move? checked the rear connector on the shaft?

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Just how "stuck" do you mean? I have driven several bugs that don't like to come out of fourth if you come to a stop with the clutch in and the tranny in fourth. Just ride the clutch a little and give it a nudge and it will pop out. Not sure what causes this, but it seems to be a common problem.

Reply to
MK