'73 S.B. lap seatbelt bolt size?

my car has no seatbelts currently in it, I purchased a lap belt pair from Bugpack but they didn;t come with bolts and my bolts are missing...what bolt size do I need to mount these? do I need a washer too?

Reply to
GusDaDog
99.9% of all factory seatbelt mounting bolts are SAE 7/16 fine thread (20?). All foreign cars, all American cars. It seems to be a world-wide universal application. You would think Euro or Japanese cars would be metric, but they aren't.....

As far as a washer in concerned, it would be a good idea; although VW bay buses do not use them on the rear or middle seat belts. I like wave washers but I don't know of a source for them in SAE sizes.

Reply to
Karl

Don't you need a special grade bolt for seatbelts? I may be wrong, but I think seat belt bolts are a very high grade bolt for the size they are...

(20?). All foreign cars, all

would think Euro or Japanese

buses do not use them on

source for them in SAE

Reply to
VWGirl

I bought grade 5, I considered looking for grade 8 when I was there but they didnt have any, and besides....it would only be as strong as the weakest point, and I bet the threads in the pillar by this point are the weakest point.....

Reply to
GusDaDog

I don't know about the grade, but it's a special bolt all around: special head, special shank, and, yes, that odd 7/16" thread. I have some good used ones if you need them.

-

Jim Adney