A funny thing happened today...

Went offroading after lunch and didn't even take any pictures. Got stuck so bad that the LCB leaned WAAAY over to the right... I got out and grabbed the tree bar on the driver's side (left side) and lifted up some because I thought.... Yep, sure enough, the whole car lifted up. It was just kinda teetering there on the right-side tires and I could have rolled it over onto the side with EASE. Of course I didn't, I just broke out the winch and pulled it out. I got in the mood to go offroading today because I went to lunch with some guys from work to celebrate the end of a project we'd worked on and after lunch they were all poking at my car in the parking lot and asking questions about it and stuff. A few of us grabbed the front bumper and lifted the front of the car about 4 feet up in the air so I could demonstrate how light the front-end was. Don't worry, I didn't go back on the trails near my work where I've already been stopped twice by the DOT before because they told me if they caught me back there again that I'd be in big trouble, and they even called the cops on me the last time but I drove away when they told me that before the cops could get there. So I didn't go back on those trails. No, sir! I went somewhere else. Drove miles and miles and miles out of my way to go on different trails. Yep, that's it. That's what I did. And those muddy tire tracks on the pavement leading away from "the forbidden trails" are *not* mine, either. Nope, not mine. And I don't trust lie-detector tests, so _that_ is why I won't take one concerning this.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

I get the feeling, we COULD trust the lie detector results on this story.

Reply to
Douglas

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:25:45 -0600, "Douglas" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

I can see it now. DOT worker: I saw a vehicle of some sort drive by me and then disappear into the woods. It was loud and obnoxious and made me feel generally uncomfortable. REPORTER: Could this have been the fabled LCB?!?!? DOT worker: I'm not sure. I was in my 4WD Chevy state-issued severe-duty-issue vehicle. I saw a blur go by as I examined my map like any good DOT worker does. I looked at the guy driving it, and he looked at me. I had a recollection of a character named "Roscoe" screaming something about "hot persuit" so I knocked it into four-wheel-drive and I took off after him. Or, so I thought. I never saw him again. My official report is that I thought I saw something, but I guess I didn't because what I thought I saw was a 40 year old car that I couldn't catch in the middle of the woods. Now how in the heck could that happen?

Man, I gotta remember to tell Joey/Chris that his whole "mix your Country-Time Lemonade with your FANCY VODKA idea and then post a stupid message on RAMVA idea was *not* a good one. I have a strange feeling y'all will help me to remember that lesson. OK, so maybe the mixing of the lemonade/vodka part was his idea and the stupid post on ramva part was ;mine. zzzzzzzzzzzz...............

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:44:20 -0400, travis scribbled this interesting note:

Try having to replace the radiator in your wife's Honda Accord Wagon in the rain, then having one beer,after spraining your right ankle on the job and then a hot soak in the tub (with bath salts) and then about a half of bottle of wine!

Only feeling a very small amount of pain right now!:~) (What did I drive to retrieve my wife's car? The 1959 Beetle of course!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis