Accelerator cable

I am getting ready to replace my 74 bug cable, any specials suggestions to make my life easier?

Reply to
Xrayjuan

Have someone else do it LOL

Actually, sometimes the cable wants to pop out of the tube right ahead of the engine shroud so you may want to guide it thru, otherwise it'll go off on a tangent (like me).

-ANT

Reply to
ANT

Unless you have really skinny arms it can be hard to reach behind the doghouse to the little hole where the damn thing comes out. I learned the hard way, with the cable breaking on one of Orlando's busiest highways in rush hour. Thank god we were only a mile or so from RayCar. We hitched a ride, COVERED in grease in the back of a spankin' new Mustang with leather interior. That was interesting.

Kidd "Back in black. It's a fact."

Reply to
Kidd

Do A Google Search on The subject in the ramva group..............Lot's of discussions and issues that have been overcome in the past.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Hmmm... in the backseat of a mustang... leather seats.. covered in grease.... Yup, sounds like fun! Hey, why wasn't I invited?!?!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Put lot of grease on the new cable as you pull it through!

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini De-Luxe 1964 Austin Mini Super De-Luxe
Howard Rose