accelerator cable

I got the new accelerator cable in a while back... just getting around to posting about it. I got the one from aircooled.net... the monster cable... I broke 2 cables in 2004... anyway I had to "re-engineer" things slightly for it to fit. the crimp is much thicker and longer than a stock cable and it wouldn't let my pedal go full travel, nor would the crimp go into the tube opening! the new one is much more heftier than a stock cable... and it has a life time guarantee... as long as I use it as an accelerator cable... : ) well worth the $$ i think

dragenwagen

Do you know why the others broke? Could it possibly be poor grounds?:

It could be the reason the other two cables broke. It's worth a shot to check the ground straps.

Reply to
Scott H

Reply to
Juper Wort

Can't try it out... on my screen, the whole site displays without scroll bars. ;-) ;-) I use Mozilla Camino for a browser.

Reply to
Red Bug

no its not the grounds.... i think it was because that little piece under the pedal was bent where the cable was hooked to and caused un necessary stress on the cable ( kinked it sideways a little), but i went ahead and replaced it with the monster cable and i did straighten the little piece... it all works real smooth now

Reply to
dragenwagen