Replacing pistons in 1600cc - question

Well, I found I had melted a piston (looks like it had a vacuum leak at the bottom of the cylinder). I bought new pistons/cylinders - am working on replacing all of them - but what way do the arrow on the top of the piston go? In other words, what does it point towards?

Thanks for any info & thanks to the person who sent the link on how to remove my engine - had it out in 1/2 hour!

Reply to
barnhart_pinball

arrow points towards the flywheel on all pistons

Reply to
Jan Andersson

If you melted a piston, look for intake leaks. A leak at the bottom of the cylinder whould not cause that. Also have a hard look at your ignition components..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg