Ampmeter gauge - Are you there speedy?

Hi RAMVA!

Yesterday I found an old ampmeter gauge in an old parts box that's been stored for a lot of years. What is the correct way to test it? It has a positive and a negative terminal on the back, and the socket for the small lightbulb.

TIA, Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

Put the meter in series with a headlamp to test,.

However, ammeter not recommended for VW. You need to run 2 heavy wires from rear of car to front and that introduces even more voltage drop. A dash voltmeter gives more/better information.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks Speedy, I'll check if it works and install it on the truck. Let's see how much power the inverter drinks.

Thanks again. Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña