Motorworks bought out

I know this has been rumored for a while ... just saw this link over at the Volksrodders forum:

I see no mention of this at RMMW's site, though.

Reply to
Scott H

..................It looks like Lauren called this one right.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

MAD is phone dispatched from somewhere in southern Indiana or Illinois, right? Sounds to me like they might have bought RMMW just to put them out of business. I'd suspect a quick progression to oblivioun for RMMW.

More power to John at

jjs

Less competition is rarely good.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

I had several battles with Chris Nowak regarding his disregard for what made Volkswagen great ( clue: quality for the sake of quality). He had it coming. . . Colin

Reply to
Colin

I had a few go arounds with him also. So, I quit doing biz with them years ago.

Randy

RSMEINER

True, but RMMW was never competion for John. Their prices were generally higher, they had almost zero expertise, and rarely had what someone wanted. Their mantra was "Let me find a technician... never mind we are backordered on that."

Reply to
jjs

I will miss the show RMMW put on each August up in Woodland park, CO. Held the same weekend as the Bug-in up at Bandimere raceway. RMMW saturday, Bug-in on sunday. Kind of like a mini Classic for Colorado.

I still don't like the fact that there is now one less player in the market. But I suppose it's inevitable in this shrinking hobby. As the number of consumers dwindles, the parts sources will dry up.

Pretty soon we will be where the Model-A guys have been for years. Except that instead of a benevolent Ford supporting us we will have ... VWOA.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Can anyone send me some crow?

Reply to
Alan Nelson

.............Don't worry about it. If you post here long enough, a few mistakes will happen. Me thinking that I knew who was posting as adolph comes to mind in my case.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

just passing through as i occassionally do.

The Colorado VW Bus Club, is currently look> I will miss the show RMMW put on each August up in Woodland park, CO. Held

Reply to
jimt

As one who purchased parts from RMMW for quite a few years, I have no complaints with their business. And possibly the acquisition will allow Real Source to expand their ACVW inventory.

RMMW was hit by competition, a sluggish economy, and the sale of a local (Woodland Park, CO) bank to Bank of America. With BofA immediatly putting more pressure on the loans RMMW had with the formerly local bank. Which in turn generated unfavorable press and made customers cautious of making their parts purchases with RMMW.

And personally, I for one am going to miss this business.

Reply to
Jerry Johnson

I don't think this is the first lot of aircooled parts TRS has bought out... so far as I know they have been buying out parts for years...

Reply to
VWGirl

correct... the actual company is ma direct of which TRS is one of their divisions. Dont remember who but they bought out another midwest supplier about 2 years ago.

the sale notice

jimt

Reply to
jimt