Back-up light wire origin?

My bug is back from having some dynamat installed which reduced most of the annoying high frequency noise from the engine. However, I noticed I only have (facing the engine from the rear) the left part of the wire that holds the fuse to the back up lights.

Where specifically does the wire that snakes across the face of the fan shroud originate from? Many thanks!

Reply to
C7eca

On 08 May 2004 02:48:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (C7eca) ran around screaming and yelling:

starts at positive side of coil, then goes through the inline fuse to the switch in the tranny, then onto the backup lights... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I'd swear looking at my wiring harness, that backup lights were an option added at the factory after the fact.

American cars, especially fords, usually have harnesses with extra wires and plugs for options you don't have installed.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

On Fri, 07 May 2004 21:20:51 -0700, David Gravereaux ran around screaming and yelling:

I'm not positive, and maybe our members not from the US can set me straight, but i think the US market was the one that had the backup lights as "mandatory" and therefore may actually be somewhat of an "add-on" to the beetle....not sure... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

...*my* member is from the us...

...Gareth