Bad Oil Leak

I have a 1971 vw that leaks lots of oil from the top of the engine somewhere. Replaced the oil cooler which had a crack in in, still leaks. Any ideas really would appreciate the help.

Reply to
vwblues

Are you sure you used the correct oil cooler seals? There are several kinds. I know my FLAPS tried to sell me the wrong kind the last time I needed them.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Have you inspected the block it self for cracks? I had a 67 beetle come in a few months ago that had 3 cracks in the block one at the oil pressure switch, one behind the flywheel and another on top hidden by the doghouse. Wasn't an issue till the costomer washed his engineand removed the grim that sealed it :)

Reply to
Kafertoys