Just bought a Crew Cab

Gonna have to sell something to make room I think.

I have been after one of these for ages !

Trouble is - I WILL use it for its intended use !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Wow Rich. That is V E R Y nice indeed. and what a great few days out you are going to have !

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Looks nice. Interesting headliner. No pics of the engine?

Moving bodies in the dead of night? Cool!

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Hee Hee ! It could be my dead body though - looks like I may have goofed.

It turns out that although Jersey is in the UK I might have to pay 17.5% to bring it onto the mainland. According to the ferry company !

Sounds crazy to me, but I will check it before I pay the deposit.

The guy selling it is a private banking /finance adviser, you think he might have said !

I feel bad - after feeling so good this morning.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Very nice! You will use this white near cherry truck for dump and lumber runs? You're a brave man, Rich...

Maybe the omission wasn't by commision. If wasn't mentioned intentionally, it does sound a little 'off' to me. If it is some sort of ferry charge, maybe suggest the owner drive it off the island and sell it on the mainland to you?

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Just spoke to the seller. He knew there was going to be the charge from customs and excise - works out to 1200 GBP

He siad he will neg me on ebay.

I feel as if he kept it quiet to get higher bids. It was listed as if it was in the UK. Easy to assume then that a UK to UK transaction would not incurr extra taxes. We dont have state boundry type taxes like you do over there (not sure how it works for you).

I had checked ferry prices and travel and all in I expected to pay around

200GBP to get it to my door. the extra 1200GBP puts it way above what I would be willing to pay.

So - the deal is off. I will have to wait for the next one. They dont show up that often. Can get single cabs quite easy but crew cabs are rare.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

That sucks. What would be reasonable is that, if his omission was indeed honest, he should have cut you slack for not knowing you had to pay VAT from his location. Maybe you're better off: if he's indeed a dishonest seller, who knows what else is wrong with the truck. As the other poster said: he didn't show pix of the engine..

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Btw, with 'slack' I mean that he should have left you no feedback or neutral feedback. Kinda nasty he left you a negative - If you left him a negative, his ebay record is in the toilet and he probably won't sell or buy there for quite a while.

I'd reason with him on that and see if he'll withdraw your feedback so your record is not affected. Tell him you both made honest mistakes, not deserving negative feedback - maybe he'll see the light.

Reply to
Remco

Rich. Surely he can do the second chance offer thing, its not much less than your bid. If I were selling, I would just put it as one of those things & remember to put things clearer in the ad. a neg is a bit harsh I think, Esp as he has only just started Ebaying.

I just sold a pair of dormobile bunks & after the winning bid, found out that one was ripped. Gave the winner a couple of options & took a hit. Its just much nicer life to keep calm & accept stuff..

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Yes it was slack of him. I sent him an email explaining the ebay rules - that it is the sellers responsability to list any VAT that may be legally due on an item. He negged me - I negged him - life goes on !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

He just didnt want to listen. I think he thought he had got away with it - I was just about to pay the depsite by paypal ! Ebay is just people and stuff - no need to get uipset about it. I wouldnt have negged him, infact that is the 1st neg I have given.

Rich

Reply to
tricky