bait & switch ad in Hot VW

I call up Kuston1Warehouse and they wouldn't honor a price in their ad in the Nov. issue, an alloy wheel went from the ad's $69 to $79. Is this good PR ??? any better places to shop?

Reply to
A Veteran for Peace

Hmm.. the readers are definately going to suggest other better places to shop. Back in my day, they were promoting aircooled.net to the fullest. I know that from experience. Some people are VW purists, and some don't care. I was after bargains. I purchased alot from Kustom1Warehouse. I dealt with the guy on eBay(tm).. bought some mahle pistons and cylinders.. Then I later shopped from his website. He was very nice and helpful, a real person. He even called my house before a shipment, because I ordered something wrong. Just to verify. So I have to say, my experience with him was great. It seemed like a personal basis, not some huge corporation. I don't like his new website and haven't used it since. It used to be VW only, and easy..

I also like to shop CIP1.com... They're competetive priced and accept Paypal. Most of the time free shipping.

I've had good experiences with Mofoco.com also. We had a waranty issue, and they sent a replacement without a problem at all. They didn't even make me send the old part back.

I've also bought alot of JC Whitney. I must admit, you can notice cheaper quality, especially on chrome pieces. They rust, like no tommorow.

It's all a matter of quality, and personal preference. When I do another VW again, I definately will put more time and effort into the parts chosen for it.

Reply to
payments338

Wich wheel are you looking at? Just checked my november issue, and can't find any for $69 on his ad. He has the 5 and 8 spokes listed as "$69-$109" ea. The polished ones are probably $109 ea.

Reply to
payments338

So did I... until they shipped me a set of junk rods for which they would neither refund my money nor replace the rods.

Dishonest and dishonorable. Avoid at all costs.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
veeduber

Isn't there a law that says you HAVE to honor the ads you put out? if they put out a poorly written ad with no expiry date or clause in it for the discounted price, they HAVE to honor it or face penalty.

That's how it works in the civilized world.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

some may have small print with something to the affect of "prices subject to change without notice". that's something we forgot to do in our seafood catalog last fall, only to be reminded of it's importance after the king salmon we bought from the fishermen went through the roof.

Ken Juneau, AK

Reply to
JuneauBug