Beetle Craze

There has to be a beetle craze going on, or is it just here? Not only am I still getting a new customer ad ay but it seems to be that I get a person ad ay coming to my shop looking for a beetle :o) and I had at least 3 people looking today. I have run out of good drivers to sell and it seems that I can't find any for sale. It has become very hard to get away from the shop to go looking for good projects but I think most of the people around here are dragging out from behind their houses and bringing them to me to fix, most tell me they have been setting at least 2 yrs. I don't advertise so I'm always hearing "I didn't know you were here". its getting to were every time I drive around town I see a few air cooled VW's out on the roads now, I even followed a 67 beetle this morning on the way to the bank and it wasn't even one of my customers. By the way I'm in a small city of maybe 25k in Central NC and haven't keep track over the last 6 years of being in business but sure there area few thousand air cooled VW's in this area and seeing a craze of new ones daily.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

The kids in my neighborhood say nice car and ask me to honk the horn everytime I drive by. I hope that Beetle pricing does not get so high that it is out of range of the average enthusiast.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Mario

I have noticed this too here in my area near Houston Texas. I saw a beautiful red 66 rag top on a flat bed car hauler just yesterday. It had Florida plates. Guess it was being delivered to someone. Saw a 68 a few days earlier, and a Squareback in my neighborhood too. Love seeing them on the road more now.

Mike

Reply to
Mike West

I find that when I drive the SturmKaefer that people wave or give me some other positive gesture like I was driving a parade float or something.

T> There has to be a beetle craze going on, or is it just here?

Reply to
Anthony W