bent rear torsion tube

Hello,

I have a buggy project that I'm working on, and there is a slight bend in the right side rear torsion tube. It's not a big bend -- it's about enough to throw the right side of the body about an inch higher than the left side.

The previous owner had rewelded part of the torsion housing and added some bracing to strengthen it.

I'm planning on throwing some adjustable coilovers on, and I was just going to tighten up one of the coilovers an extra notch to level the body. Will this take care of it? ... or are there going to be alignment problems due to the bent torsion housing?

This is going be primarily an offroad sand buggy, but may also end up being street-legal. It's a manx-style buggy on a shortened vw pan.

Is it possible to cut the rear suspension out and replace it with a good one? what would be the procedure for doing that?

Reply to
nospam