Body off 1303 super

Hi

Ive read load of times on various sites how to get the body off a standard beetle. Havent seen any for the super.

Anyone got a link to a howto page for this ?

I guess its mostly the same but as its my 1st 1303 I dont know where the extra mounting bolts are.

Also I am going to try to get the body off on my own - yes - just me !

I have an engine hoist that will lift about 3Ft. I was thinking of making some brakets up that bolt to the wing mounting holes and using the hoist centraly like a crane. Then prop it up and leave it there while I work on the frame head. Yes I am stuck for space, and its snow outside.

Any other Ideas would be appreciated.

I started with the bolts on the framhead with my impact wrench, they span inside, so did a couple that bolt the floor to the heater channel. I guess I will have to grind the heads off and deal with it when I get the body seperated. Got the rest out. and the four inside. where are the rear mounting points?

Rich

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Bugmevideo covers it in one of their vids :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I shouldn't be reading this... :-) now that I rebuld the engine, I would like to have the car painted. Please keep me informed how the job is going on...and good luck.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

Cool !!!

I just ordered the full set of bugme DVD's on saturday :-)

They should arrive any day now.

Rich

Jan Anderss>

Reply to
tricky

Thanks - I will.

Maybe I should take some pictures, to help others.

Or for others to have a good laugh at my work !!

Rich

Joao Eliseu wrote:

Reply to
tricky