Brush on bedliner/undercoating

Guys, I need something to coat the underside of my fiberglass baja fenders AND my fenderwells (and maybe the pans under the car)... I was hoping to just buy some rhinoliner or Line-X, but the places I called wont let me buy the stuff unless I have them apply it (which is BS!).

With that said, I need some undercoating/bed liner that I can apply. I dont care if it is "brush on" or "spray on" or whatever (I dont even mind buying an undercoating gun, as long as it isnt too expensive). So; I'm looking for some decent quality (and affordable) stuff. Where can I find some?

I've seen the undercoating that eastwoodco carries - but it only comes in a

28oz container (how much will that cover?) they also have a undercoating gun...

--Eric

BugMan

I bought some bed liner stuff from walmart to do the inside of the pans on my buggy. it was not real thick and rubbery like rino liner, but it got really hard. i used roof tar for underneath the pans. David

Reply to
Mycoran

I bought a several cans at Auto Zone made by 3M for my son's Baja.....he said it worked great.

Susan

74 Std "Betty"
Reply to
Susan S.

I work for LINE-X in Corpus Christi Texas and just wanted to let you know that we can't give you our product to spray yourself because it needs to be heated at about 160+ degrees and the product dries in about 6 seconds when mixed so unless you have 2500psi coming out of a specially designed gun you can't apply it. Our chemicals are in 55 gallon drums (doesn't come in smaller increments)hooked up to a heater, the 65ft hose that runs to the gun is also heated (we had to replace the 15ft whip section - guess the cost $2500!!). Whomever you called should have explained that to you. We don't mean to sound like a**holes but there is no way we could even do it outside our shop unless we buy a mobile unit which is about $200K.

If you are looking for rust protection I found some stuff that sounds good ( I have not tried it personally) called rust bullet. check them out

Good luck and any more questions you may have about LINE-X please feel free to give me a call at 361-806-0901 - ask for me (Laura) or my tech John.

Reply to
Laura

I would try the local auto stores, they usually have lots of truck accessories, and I would not be surprised to find brush-on bedliner. Heck, I've seen the stuff on Trucks! tv show.

Reply to
greg edmonds

I had good luck with Herculiner.

Reply to