Bus tires

Hey there, I'm wondering if any bus owners can recommend some tires for a 78 Riviera camper bus. What tires have you had good success with? Did you go with the stock size or a different size?

Thanks

Reply to
BeerBoy

Hiya Beerboy,

You really need to point your browser at

Once there take a look at their library for some good information on tire selection for a Type 2.

Mike

1970 Bus - The Ruptured Duck
Reply to
Bookwus1

..................I didn't find it to be noticeable.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Reply to
Lloyd McClelland

..............I just looked around at

and it looks like the MXT has been discontinued and they now have no class C tire in size

205/70-14 available. There are a couple of 195/75-14s still available from them. They're the LTX-M/S and the XC-LT4. Both are rated for 1435 lbs. of load at 50 psi. I'm not knowledgeable about whether they're as good as the MXT but I might be giving one of them a try in the future.

BTW.........I don't think that an extra 10 mm (4 tenths of an inch) of tread width is going to be noticeable, at least not in my experience.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Reply to
Lloyd McClelland

I live in BC, Canada and I'm having a tough time finding tires. A lot of the recommended ones are discontinued or the tire shops have no idea how long it will be until they can get some. One I've come across is a Dunlop SP LT5 (185R14 8ply). Anybody out there use these or tried them and what do you think of them? Thanks for any input.

---BeerBoy

Reply to
BeerBoy