Camber Question

We (well, my money and the local VW shop) lifted the rear of my '74 Thing by turning the torsion bars about 2 turns - to the point where we had to notch out the spring plate.

The problem I'm having now is serious positive camber.

What's the solution? We were thinking maybe bend the trailing arms, but have been unable to find a shop that would do it. Would longer trailing arms do it? What's the best way to take care of this (other than lower it again?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike in Tampa '74 Thing

Reply to
Mike in Tampa