1500 to 1600DP

Soooooooooo...it looks like I might be getting a '72 1600DP in good condition for real cheap - aka FREE - and so of course I'm thinking of pulling the 1500 out the Bug and swapping the DP in (those purists in the group, no fear, I'm gonna keep and rebuild the 1500 to have in the future in case I want to return it to original). Pretty straightforward deal swapping them? I assume I'll need to get DP tin, anything else I should be thinging about? The side benefit of this I'd guess would be upgrading to an altenator at the same time, Thanks.

Sneaks '68 T1

Reply to
Sneaks

If the 1600 needs tin, will it need the doghouse oil cooler to go with? Needs the wider fan. If you go Alt, needs the Alt oil stand.

And, to keep JAN happy, you'll need all the flaps and t'stat :-)

Clutch will need early pressure plate with the thrust ring.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Hahaha. Yes. One must keep Jan happy.

:D